lunch or dinner
About this Recipe
By: Nichole Fogleman
These vegan black bean burgers are hearty, delicious, and packed with plant-based protein!
- In a food processor, add in the chopped onions and the clove of garlic. Process until everything is minced finely.
- Then, add in the oats, breadcrumbs, walnuts, flaxseed, salt, and spices. Process until the mixture forms a chunky meal.
- Then add in the black beans and olive oil, plus 1 tbs of water. Process until the mixture is chunky and pliable (there should still be some chunks of black beans in the mixture – you don’t want it to be totally smooth).
- If the dough is too crumbly, add in the additional 1 tbs of water.
- Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes. DO NOT skip this step!!
- Then, cut the dough into four even portions.
- Step 7 – Bring a sauté pan to medium heat with a drizzle of a neutral vegetable oil.
- While the pan is heating, shape the dough into burgers.
- Step 9 – Cook each burger in the pan with oil for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Step 10 – Serve the burgers on your favorite bun with lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion. (Or any fillings you like!)