lunch or dinner
About this Recipe
By: Nichole Fogleman
- Nonstick cooking spray (I like avocado oil cooking spray)
- 2 large eggs + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil or coconut oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cubed pineapple
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (reserve some for topping)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (or carrots cut into matchsticks)
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos, plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped honey roasted or regular cashews (or peanuts)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Extra green onion/scallions
- While the rice is cooking, you can chop your veggies and cook your eggs. Add eggs and water to a bowl and beat slightly with a fork. Place a large skillet or wok over medium low heat and spray with a little nonstick cooking spray (alternatively you can use a little oil). Add eggs to the pan and season with a little salt and pepper, scramble and cook eggs until done but still slightly wet. Transfer eggs to a bowl and set aside.
- Now it’s time to fry up the rice! Add the remaining ½ tablespoon oil to the same pan and place over medium heat. Add in your cooked rice and cook, stirring frequently for 2-4 minutes.
- Add all of your cooked veggies plus the cooked eggs back to the pan. Stir in the the chili paste, soy sauce and honey roasted cashews and cook for a few more minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. You may want to add another tablespoon of soy sauce or even some crushed red pepper flakes for a little hint of spice. It’s up to you.
- Step 7 – Garnish with additional nuts, cilantro and a little extra green onion. Serves 4.